Surface Laptop Studio build in - Touch screen - Keyboard - Trackpad . All doesn't work. Please help

Hello FydeOS team,

first of all thank you so much for this amazing piece of OS that you did, it’s exactly what I was looking for my Laptop Studio, to have double boot with it (Windows/Android) and use as a tablet Android as well.

I’m familiar with Windows and Linux OSs (so, on such stuff I’m not completely newbie), and I’m installing FydeOS on an External NVME from the Thunderbolt 4/ USB4 port to keep the crypted BitLocker OS intact on Windows side.

As per title, once I unlocked the BIOS, and proceed successfully with the FydeOS installation steps, i need to use the external Keyboard and Mouse to proceed and even once into the OS desktop I can use the OS by the external devices. So the build-in Touch screen - Keyboard - Trackpad doesn’t respond at all (for all the rest like Wireless connections, USB and so on are working well).

the specs of the laptop are as below:

• Processor model: Intel Core i7-11370H, 3.3 GHz
  • Graphics:
    - Intel Core i7 models Intel Iris Xe Graphics
    - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3050 Ti laptop GPU with 4GB GDDR6 GPU memory
  • RAM: 32 GB
  • SSD: 1 TB

OS image Installation = FydeOS for PC 9th - 11th Generation Intel Core Processors Intel Iris Xe Graphics

Any Idea?
Or you need to add the Laptop Studio drivers, into the kernel side?

Thank you, Cris.

Hi Cris,

With the Microsoft Surface range, things can get slightly complex, the generic FydeOS for PC will definitely not be in near-perfect shape. The only way for this to work is to produce a FydeOS for You release for the Surface Laptop Studio. It will not be a small undertaking for us to add a new device to the support list unless there is strong evidence of a potential user base. I hope this is understandable.

Hi Alpha,

thank you so much for your prompt reply, yes, it’s completely understandable your reason but could be also the reason that should gives you more “specialty” or advertising value in front of other projects; otherwise all the projects will be just the same and the unique thing that it will distinguish between them it’s just different shape of the OS and the FydeOS will lose it’s specialties in front of the eyes of the final user.
FydeOS product it’s based on Linux, and because it’s OpenSource it’s that possible to build by my self the Kernel for Surface, with the Opensource Linux Kernel Drivers for Surface families?

Otherwise, I will consider to keep Window 11 with the Custom WSA (Android) or Install another Distro or kernel integration with Waydroid

Thank you very much.

Sure you can build your own, it’d be under the openFyde initiative. The “overlay” and kernel patches that we are using for the Surface range are also open sourced under: https://github.com/FydeOS-for-You-overlays

You will also need to look at our upstream, an amazing team to make Linux on Surface possible: https://github.com/linux-surface/linux-surface

It’s exactly the team Drivers Surface that I was trying to mention to you, great stuff :wink:, now I need to study a bit about the SDK environment and maybe set a temporary Linux to try to build the distro.

Thank you very much for your info and support :pray: