Open Gapps Doesn't Install Properly

When I first installed FydeOS on my laptop, the Open Gapps was working fine. Later one day my laptop just restarted itself and noticed the PlayStore and the apps installed via PlayStore were gone. I’ve tried reinstalling the Open Gapps multiple times since then, but, every time I try to install it the progress bar gets stuck on 20%. Even now when I am creating this post I am installing the Open Gapps and it’s still stuck on 20% for the past 6-7 minutes and when I open the log all I see is this

Update
I let the whole thing run and it still didn’t install. This is the log

[Wed Sep 7 22:42:33 IST 2022] args: OpenGApps test-network https://www.google.com

[Wed Sep 7 22:42:34 IST 2022] args: OpenGApps prepare
######################################################################## 100.0%

[Wed Sep 7 22:42:35 IST 2022] args: OpenGApps download - https://cfhcable.dl.sourceforge.net/project/opengapps/x86_64/20220503/open_gapps-x86_64-9.0-pico-20220503.zip https://fydeos.com/arc-rec/after_hook.sh
/home/chronos/fydeos-arc//installer.sh: line 223: /usr/local/bin/zip: No such file or directory
/home/chronos/fydeos-arc//installer.sh: line 223: /usr/local/bin/zip: No such file or directory

5.4%

[Wed Sep 7 23:16:55 IST 2022] args: OpenGApps clear

9.1%

What processor do you have in yor Pc or laptop

Laptop: Acer Aspire 3 Thin (A315-22-468M)
Processor:AMD APU Dual Core A4
I linked the laptop cause maybe that would help someone understand better.

You should run sudo /usr/bin/stateful_update_wrapper.sh recover.

1. I opened crosh using Ctrl+Alt+T

2. typed shell in it

3. Ran sudo /usr/bin/stateful_update_wrapper.sh recover .

4. shows invalid action

(I probably did it all wrong, could you please explain it to me as if I am a child or link a yt tutorial on how to fix it all :slight_smile:.)

On the screenshot you attached above, you ran /usr/bin/stateful_update_wrapper.sh recover without sudo, it’s totally different.

It should be like this:

sudo /usr/bin/stateful_update_wrapper.sh recover

No period! Copy and paste the above command.

Then reboot and try to reinstall open gapps.

Open Gapps Installer Doesn’t Work Properly.
I have this issue. The application call Configure Open Gapps is the one that does not work properly.It takes several minutes to display the option at the right bottom to install. When finally shows up the NEXT RED ICON ans click it, it does not go NEXT, stays there forever and ever.There is other option to install OPEN GAPPS through other installer? Or there is other version of Configure Opengapps? A promt command on Crosh to update from zip file?

Stays there.

Did you try reinstall this app?

uninstalled and reinstalled time after time, over and over and over and over again.

1 Like

Nobody report the same issue. I guess it’s unique.

Create a new local account to install Open Gapps. If it works, you may also get Play Store in this account.