I recently installed FydeOS on an old Mac Mini 2011 model, and overall, it works quite well, but I ran into a few issues:
- Power Management doesn’t seem to work, the display always stays on when idle.
- A “Something went wrong” message shows up when updating Google Assistant settings.
- ssh doesn’t work in or out when used directly from Chrome OS. It’s fine in Linux, but just hangs forever when used from the Chrome OS terminal, after entering a password. I tried both the stock version and the one included in Crew; the Crew one doesn’t even prompt for the password, just hangs.
- Onedrive installs ok, but fails to mount the file system.
- I tried installing Amazon Shopping from the Play Store, and the screen goes black when trying to log in.