Linux subsystem does not work after waking from sleep

1. Linux apps does not work after waking my laptop from sleep

Q: Did you search the community for a relevant issue (use “x” to select)

[x]There are no similar issues

2. Detailed description

When I put my laptop to sleep and then wake up , no Linux apps (such as vscode) work , I tried accessing the Linux terminal but it loads infinitely saying “starting the the container manager”.

The only way I can solve this is by restarting the laptop but this problem still persists.

(2) Specific configuration and firmware version

- CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 3500U
- GPU: Vega 8 
- RAM & ROM: 8 GB RAM / 256 SSD + 1TB HDD
- FydeOS Version: 15.1
1 Like

same problem in v17.0-SP1

Force its shutdown on crostini and if it still doesnt work force its shutdown via Crosh

Ctrl alt t
vmc stop termina
vmc launch termina

If none of these let it start then… only by removing linux (which is a problem if it bugs) and install it.

same problem in v17.0-SP1

I did a complete fresh installation of the latest SP1 version available on the web-page via USB stick - as the previous version 17 did finally turn out being corrupted. No linux was possible to uninstall or re-install, no updates of FydeOS - system was dead.

Now again the same linux behavior. Only when deactivating the hibernate mode it does work.

Running Lenovo IdeaPad C340 with AMD Ryzen 7 and Radeon Vega graphic card.

1 Like

when i run “vmc launch termina” i got this error message:
Error: operation vm_launch failed: “Failed to launch: code=5”

You have to shutdown linux first and then on crosh do vmc stop termina before vmc launch termina.

If nothing works all you can do is to re-flash the operative system.

Keep in mind that this is an do and re-do process not even in ChromeOS these ‘tools’ are flawlessly. However might be less buggy

Thanks, now it’s working, but what about linux apps that shutdown after sleep mode? i tried switching suspend mode to “S2Idle”, but the problem stills the same

Id say that if the same happens on chromeOS than its google’s fault… otherwise… its FydeOS tbh I never done things like you are trying to do so I have no clue