Have you searched the community for related issues?
Please describe the problem you’ve encountered in detail:
- I’m facing the same issue that exists in the chinese community, with my external SSD (Kingston XS2000). When I dual boot FydeOS with Windows 11, which I cloned along with all partitions using DiskGenius, the system keeps restarting. However, it works fine when I do a full installation of FydeOS. Is there any way to resolve this issue? Thanks in advance.
System & Device Information
- Hardware & System Configuration:
- Processor: Intel Celeron n4000
- Graphics Card(Please specify if there’s a discrete graphics card): Intel
- RAM: 4GB
- FydeOS Version: 17.1
Thank you in advance.
I am reaching out for assistance with an issue I’m experiencing on my system, which is set up with a dual boot of FydeOS and Ubuntu on an external SSD. After selecting an operating system from the GRUB menu, my system repeatedly restarts, preventing successful booting into either OS.
log.zip (3.5 MB)
To aid in diagnosing this issue, I have attached a ZIP file containing various system logs from
/var/log. These logs have been collected from the Ubuntu system. The key issues identified in the logs are as follows:
- USB Device Descriptor Read Errors (Error -71): These errors suggest potential issues with USB devices or ports.
- Silead Touchscreen Controller Errors: Failures related to the Silead touchscreen controller, including chip ID read errors.
- Segmentation Fault in Nautilus: This indicates a possible software issue.
- RAS: Correctable Errors Collector Initialized: This message appears multiple times, potentially indicating hardware or firmware-related issues.
I would greatly appreciate any insights or recommendations you could provide regarding these errors. Your expertise would be invaluable in resolving the restart issue and ensuring stable operation of the system.
Thank you in advance for your time and assistance. I am looking forward to your guidance and suggestions.