Openfyde trouble installing Linux

:pushpin:Question Description

Have you searched the community for related issues?

• [ X] No similar issues found.

Please describe the problem you’ve encountered in detail:

• Description:

When i go to the developer options to try and install linux it starts installing and then stops and says FydeOs Update required however i have the latest version so i dont know

:computer:System & Device Information

Note: If you’ve lost your FydeOS subscription, please refer to this FAQ for assistance.

Thanks for the feedback. We will fix the issue.

1 Like

Thanks I love open fyde I use the Linux side for programming flutter apps and video editing And I’m going to get a raspberry pi five soon So I wanted to fully switch over to open fyde on my primary desktop

Is there any update on this issue @Carrie_Gu ? I’m facing the exact same problem

Which version are you using?

if you download the image from here, run this command as root user to recover the whole stateful partition, then reboot and try to start Linux again.

FYDEOS_STATEFUL_UPDATE_URL=https://github.com/openFyde/overlay-amd64-openfyde/releases/download/r120/stateful.tgz stateful_update_fydeos

Hi @Carrie_Gu

Screenshot 2024-06-07 13.03.58

And here are the build details:

Chromium: Version 120.0.6099.220 (64-bit)
Platform: 15662.71.18.5 (Developer Build - root) stable-channel amd64-openfyde
Channel: stable-channel
Firmware Version:
ARC enabled: true
ARC: 0.4.5
Enterprise enrolled: false
Developer mode: true

Also, I have powerwashed several times now and retried installing Linux each time, but the result is the exact same every time.

Hi @cfz

I’m a bit confused - I can’t install Linux (the original problem explained by Chance in the first post above^), so I don’t have terminal.

In this situation without terminal, how do I run the command you’ve given?

Thanks!

Dont power wash it. Reflash the system from scratch instead.

But you have crosh.
Open Browser - Ctrl alt t.
Welcome to ChromiumOS which is GentoOS based… penguin is just an lxd terminal.