Black screen when starting fyde os 18

:pushpin:Question Description

• I’ve seen people with the same problem and the only solution presented was to go back to version 17, which works perfectly.

• Description:

—After trying to boot from the pendrive with fyde os 18 it gives a black screen, not even the system logo appears or anything for the first boot, it dies on a black screen and in the previous version this did not happen.

:computer:System & Device Information

• Hardware & System Configuration: Lenovo Ideapad 1 15IGL7

Bios Version: KKCN21WW

Storage: 128GB eMMC 5.1 on systemboard

• Processor: Intel Celeron N4020

• Graphics Card: Intel UHD Graphics 600 Integrated

• RAM: 4 GB DDR4-2400

• FydeOS Version: 18

Before you ask, my bios doesn’t have anything to change to Ahci and Ide and that sort of thing.
Guys please, I just want to use the new version :sleepy:

Not sure if this will work but one time on a Linux install - I think it was NixOS (btw) - I got the endless black screen, even left it on overnight. I’m not a tech ninja so was retrying various F keys and mistakenly hit ESC instead of F1 (for help!) … the install sprang back to life and continued.

Not saying it will work in this case, or that you haven’t tried that already, but might be worth a short. On a similarly aged machine, HP celeron 1.8ghz with 4gb ddr3 ram and everything works on the latest work, including Linux once Virtualisation is enabled in Bios.

did u flash the pendrive correctly

I tried that man and it didn’t work, it just won’t boot. For now I’m using fyde 17 which works perfectly.

yes, using balena etcher. I tried to use a version that was not recommended for my generation of processor, and fyde 18 even starts, but the use is very precarious and the screen keeps flickering.

Flickering sometimes can be fixed by lowering the refresh rate or the monitor resolution.

I have the same problem on celeron j4125. Maybe someone find the solution?

نعم لدي نفس المشكلة تتوقف الشاشة عندما أريد تتبيت أدطر الى اعادة تشغيل الجهاز لكن لا ينجح

Problem isnt fixed on 18.1. Celeron J4125 17.1 works great