Fydetab Duo bluetooth stuttering/dropouts

On my Fydetab Duo (FydeOS v18.1-SP2) I recurrently experience bluetooth stuttering/dropouts on several connected devices: earbuds or speakers - which I have confirmed to work perfectly fine on my phone or other computers - while viewing/listening to youtube videos in example. This makes it totally unusable for media consumption. Does anyone experience the same issue?

Iā€™m using the native stock FydeOS web browser which is Chromium. My concern here is to understand what is wrong, is it a FydeOS issue or hardware design issue? Or an issue specifically with my unit? I would expect the stock OS/apps to work well with the hardware out of the box.

Not really limited to youtube. I just tested with an online radio stream and also a locally stored video file on the VLC app (Android) and I get the exact same problems:

1. Multiple/frequent audio cuts/stuttering:
  2. On occasions my speakers or earbuds get disconnected (bluetooth disconnection) following the audio cuts/stuttering and I have to manually reconnect them;

As mentioned, they work perfectly fine on my other computers and phones. This really seems to be an unreliable bluetooth stack/connection system and certainly not related to any online connection buffering.

We have identified that the issue lies with the chip firmware and will attempt to fix it in V19.

2 Likes