18.1 installation problem on Lenovo T460s

:pushpin:Question Description

Have you searched the community for related issues?

• [ ] No similar issues found.

Please describe the problem you’ve encountered in detail:

• Description:
    I can boot with a USB but can’t continue. The trackpad and mouse cursors move but it’s impossible to click.

:computer:System & Device Information

• Hardware & System Configuration:

• Processor:
    • Graphics Card(Please specify if there’s a discrete graphics card):
    • RAM:
    • FydeOS Version:
  • Relevant System Logs:

• Open the Chromium browser and enter /var/log/messages to retrieve logs.
    • Log Details:

Note: If you’ve lost your FydeOS subscription, please refer to this FAQ for assistance.

You have not provided any useful configuration information, so we are unable to investigate the issue.

Sorry about that.

Hello,

it seems, that I have the same issues with an lenovo ThinkPad T450s
Processor: Intel Core i5-5300U with integrated Intel HD graphicscard
12GB RAM
FydeOS 18.1

and also with a lenovo ThinkPad T490
Processor: Intel Core i7-8565U with integrated Intel MESA UHD 620 graphicscard
16GB RAM
FydeOS 18.1 isis

Both maschines have the same issues as mentiond above. They boot from USB until the selection of language and keyboard is displayed. Mouse seems to work, but I can not selected anything nor is it possible to click the OK button.

Have anybody else issues with lenovo Thinkpads? Or maybe I do something wrong?

Thanks very much.

Hello again,

I have checked the installation with version 17.1. This version seem to run on the lenovo T490 (see above). But it works really slow und not so responsive.

Maybe use a better usb would help.

Thank you very much.

You mean for the 17.1 version? OK, this could be a valid point according to the performance issue.
I have checked again with the 18.1 versions, but I have no success to run them. They stuck at the language selection.

So, I am up and running with fyde OS 18.1 on my lenovo T450s.
I have installed the 17.1 version from USB (that works). The installed version runs really smooth and fast (in contrast to the USB version). So I decided to test the upgrade from there for roughly 3 Euros. After the upgrade finishes and the computer reboots, the version 18.1 seems to work. Actually I have problems with the Google play store but that seems to be another story.
So 18.1 runs on my lenovo thinkpad t450s after installation (USB version does not work for me).

Thank you.

With the help of your link, I have the google play store now up and running. Everythink seems to be fine and it is a great joy to use fyde OS 18.1 on my old notebook.