This device isn’t Play Protect certified

this is the first time i use FydeOS, i found a tutorial on youtube to install the OS
when i want to open the google play to start installing application there’s a notification from google play services that says

" This device isn’t Play Protect certified
Google apps and services can’t run on this device"

and when i continue to sign in to google play, it says

This device isn’t Play Protect certified
Your device isn’t certified to run Google apps or use Google services. Contact the device manufacturer or retailer and ask for a certified device.
Learn more at g.co/AndroidCertifiedDevice

FYI i use

CPU: Intel core i5 3rd gen
GPU: intel HD 4000
RAM & Storage: 8 GB and 256 SSD
FydeOS Version: FydeOS v17.0-SP1 (FydeOS unlicensed version) Platform 15437.44.17.13 (64-bit)

how to fix this issue?

Reinstall open gapps, if it does not help, get a certification from Google as it says

To become certified with access to the play store you have to:
1 - Install a device ID apk to get this Device ID and register it on your google account.
2 - Register it here: https://www.google.com/android/uncertified/
3 - Give it a day till google approval happens. (Hours minutes or maybe 1 day not in our control).

3 Likes

Hi,
i cant install aps from another source (device ID apk), it says that i should go into developers mode, but i cant. Try to enable dev mode in seeting->FydeOSsettings->enable,Developer mode" but after reboot it change nothing. Trying to enable dev mode in crosh but after typing command ,shell" have answer ,ERROR - ERROR: unknown command: shell". Problems with playstore certs starts after upgrading Fyde from 17 to 18. What can i do to enable play store?

Follow the guide.

1 Like
Welcome to crosh, the developer shell for openFyde/FydeOS, we hope you know what you are doing!

Please note that this is NOT the Linux subsystem:
 - type 'help' for a list of commands available in crosh
 - type 'shell' if you wish to enter the Bash shell for your openFyde/FydeOS

To get help, visit https://fydeos.io/help

crosh> shell
ERROR - ERROR: unknown command: shell
crosh> 

Stoped on that move, command shell not working

1 Like

Did you switch to developer mode successfully?

You may try this instead.

I try it but have that answer

Screenshot 2024-03-25 16.03.03

Can you elaborate what you have done ?
1 - enable fydeos developer mode on system setting
2 - disable rootfs
3 - reinstall gapps

What have u failed to do? if nothing then reflash it again and re-do the process.

i try to enable developer mode but after restart nothing change -_-’

Running in usb or installed?

Take a picture of fydeos setting about developer mode.

I have the same issue…

Exactly you guys dont explain what yous are doing and expect ‘us’ common people to help lol… if youre running that on guest mode off course it probably wont work

I dont use guest mode First i have update from 17, but now i have clear install from usb, and its the same.

Screenshot 2024-03-26 20.54.24

Cant turn developer mode, cant install apps from another source than play store, and playstore not work because i dont have certificate, command shell not work in crosh. I dunno what to do because every solution not work in 18.

Thats very ackward… mine worked straight away.

Your device, is it a Chromebook?